Monday 10 October 2011

Secret Garden

secret garden web

This is a view of the Secret Garden at Thrive which I sketched out on an unusually hot September day while eating my lunch. The three raised beds contain vegetables that were benefitting from the September sun, but like so many other gardens the tomatoes were still green.

I am disappointed with the composition of this sketch as there is a strong diagonal line that has become overpowering. I might revisit this view and make a more pleasing picture by making the bean poles stronger and bringing the trees closer to the roof line of the building to break up the roof. 

I have recently resigned from Thrive to move to a Debra, a charity based in Crowthorne. It was a difficult decision to leave these stunning surroundings knowing that my next job will be based in an grey industrial estate, however I’m looking forward to the challenge of the new job and also to find some urban life and colour  to sketch.

Last time I posted I asked you what body part breeds around 516,000 bacteria and the answer is your armpit. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment