Wednesday 12 October 2011

A chance happening

lock henley web

I belong to the Woodley and Earley arts group and we went to Greys Court in Henley for the day, it had been arranged that we had access without the public. Having made loads of sketches during the day I found this broken door on an old building next to the toilets. There was no time to do a sketch so I took a picture and with plenty of time at home I produced this image with Derwent drawing pencils. I was testing a blister pack of 6 colours. I think the limited palette has helped to hold the picture together and made me think more about tone rather than finding the right colour.

Quick tip: – Make sure you keep the pencils sharp otherwise you lose detail. This is what happened when I drew the padlock!

No comments:

Post a Comment