Wednesday 25 January 2012

Granddads Shed is on a hill

sketch grandads shed is on a hillweb

Whilst in Woolacombe in 2011 we stayed in a rented flat called Lundi Set. The nearest beach was Combesgate and was approximately 400 foot away – straight down! When I did my morning physio and medication I managed to make some sketches looking out of the window at the surrounding landscape. There was no mobile phone signal so I couldn’t look up news on the internet! Anyway I saw this wonderful little shed that was perched like a goat on a hillside and I thought I must draw that. So I did. And this is the sketch. I have ideas on developing this into a painting. The original sketch was worked up in pen and then I added some tone with my Derwent sketching pencils.

The actual accommodation was lovely and well presented. Because Sam was under 1.5 at the time we thought one bedroom would be okay, however Sam refused to go to sleep at his normal time and by the end of the week we were in need of another holiday.

Another version of the same view…I worked on this one back home in my studio. To make the painting work I think I am going to have to move bits about to get a better flow.

Grandad's shed is on a hill close up colour web

No comments:

Post a Comment