Tuesday 24 January 2012

Blue Bucket at Sizewell

sizewell boat web

I visited Sizewell in the 1990’s when I was at a steam fair held in Bressingham Steam gardens. There is an unerringly quiet beach which appears devoid of wildlife and this is where the boats were along with some old sheds. The day according to my diary was clam and overcast but was overshadowed by the looming monster of Sizewell itself (whatever that means). Why did we go there? Because we had been to the Garrett Steam Museum and felt compelled to go after seeing a scale model of the area! We also had some time to kill.

I started this sketch using a blue pencil to outline the shapes and then blocked in the main areas of colour. Finally I added the details like the blades of grass by darkening the shadow and negative space areas. There are too many strong verticals in this image and I think I should have broken up the picture by rotating the propeller to push the eye round the scene.

Below are my initial sketches and the photo that i took on the day.

boat sketch web

 

See other sketches from Norfolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment