Wednesday 2 May 2012

Birthday celebrations with Sam

Samuel portrait finalweb

I was quietly pleased with this portrait of Samuel – even more so when I showed Sam and he recognised himself! This is a watercolour sketch on cartridge paper. This was drawn from a phone I took while at a wedding.

group final web

Samuel is in the yellow t-shirt and in a row of babies born around the same time. In order from left to right, Lexi, Alex, Henry, Oscar, Samantha and Samuel.

odds farmweb

This is a cartoon sketch of Samuel at Odds Farm on the tractor. I have created a background to include sheep – in reality there was a muddy looking pond with a solitary duck and a plastic cow. At Odd’s Farm I was the only one who fed the animals, Sam and Debs tried but left me too it!

sam tractor web

This is a incomplete painting that I started…It’s Samuel on another tractor at Odd’s Farm but it didn’t work for me in the end.There are some nice passages of light and dark but I didn’t manage to get the wet-in-wet effects that I was after that worked well for the first portrait in this series of sketches. I might try it again as part of my painting a day for May 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment