Friday 9 March 2012

A touch of realism

crimson vw final web

The last two sketches of VW Camper vans have been stylised in my cartooning style. The front end of these images have been squarer and probably more like the original designs before the vans was put through a aerodynamic wind tunnel! This is a more traditional watercolour using layering of colour to build up the picture. I don’t often work this way preferring to use a direct painting method and mixing the colours I need on the palette and merging them on the paper. The layering technique requires more patience and drying times. I usually start a watercolour like this in the week when I haven’t much time this forces me to concentrate on each layer and to plan each brush stroke. Often to good effect.

Previous VW Camper Vans – Orange and Green

Work in Progress…

I am currently working on some ideas for a book illustration and finishing the urban sketches that I did while I was in hospital. More about that next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment