Thursday 24 November 2011

A friend in need gives you a dog…

Sue Twigg web
Sue Twigg is the person most responsible for my last 11 (almost 12) years employment at Thrive. What started as a temporary phone answering position lead to better things, and now a new challenge at Debra. But this is not the first time Sue Twigg has affected my life – She was the one who introduced me to a rescue dog called Misty - the most disobedient animal in the world and the reason my dad had to build a 6 foot plus high fence around our house.  Sue Twigg is the most organised person in the world of administration and the person least likely to make a mistake. Sue Twigg is also knows my mum, a reason that I have kept secret many, many things from my Thrive work mates. So now I don’t work for Thrive here is the best-est and most embarrassing secret that I know about Sue Twigg.
Thrive used to have a water cooler. It had a standard plastic cup dispenser on the side. One fine day I found a very puzzled Sue Twigg (a woman who makes no mistakes) looking blankly at the water cooler trying to work out where the new plastic cups had disappeared to, that she had loaded into the aforementioned plastic cup dispenser. She could see them but couldn’t work out why they were not dispensing.
The reason was clear to me.
Sue had put the cups in upside-down.
The thin bit of the cup was stuck up and the fat bit of the cup was jammed down. And so we had to lever the cups out of the machine in a fit of giggles - and we agreed never to speak about it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment