Tuesday 13 September 2011

Through the Garden Gate

Throughtthegardengatepainting

Way back in 2008 I entered the above picture into the Reading Art Exhibition and I won first prize in my category. It now hangs in my mother-in-law’s living room – well it did before the room was recently repainted and now it sulks waiting to be re-hung on the wall. Perhaps if I married Debs it would get hung quicker! Following the success of the Reading Art Exhibition I went on to enter some paintings into a national competition and failed to get picked. But the following year at the Reading art Exhibition I managed to sell my first uncommissioned work! THe only picture that I have regretted selling…I wonder what wall it is hung on.

cottage

Find out more about the exhibition here…

No comments:

Post a Comment