Friday 19 August 2011

Ant-igravity

antweb

This post is inspired, in part, to Rob Whites facebook post -

Has identified that a grass hopper can wing mirror walk up to a speed of around 53mhp! Beyond this, their powers fail!

I have also had some experience with insects on my windscreen. There is usually an army of ants walking across my bonnet in the morning, I think they are coming from an over hanging shrub. Anyway back to the story, I was driving to London when I noticed that there was an ant on the windscreen his little ant abdomen wobbling in the breeze. As I speed up his little ant abdomen lifted and at 68mph between Reading and Maidenhead on the M4 a cross wind took him flying over the roof of my car. This is a picture of that moment. I like to think that no ants were hurt in the making of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment